[Techtalk] Re: Network Uptime Performance

Kath kath at kathweb.net
Mon Oct 8 18:06:19 EST 2001

Now with MRTG, would I have to setup a Linux router or could it just listen
on the network and count the packets on one interface?

I'm just really looking to deploy a few dinky 486/low pentiums at various
sites and have them send information to a main page to tell me how the
network is doing.

I guess if MRTG could do that and maybe a Whats Up? Gold (or a open source
equivalent) to check to see how many nodes are the network and such would do
what I would like.

- k