[Techtalk] Web Logging - Logging individual accounts

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sat Nov 24 10:25:17 EST 2001

You could write a perl script to extract all info from the log into a
separate log file and run webalizer, awstats, or whatever on that. You could
setup a cron file to run it every once in a while ...

For example:

usage: extract directory logfile newlogfile

for example, extract "\/\~username" /logdir/domain-access.log
/logdir/username.log

#!/usr/bin/perl

($directory, $logfile, $newlogfile) = @ARGV;
open (LOG, $logfile);