[Techtalk] Build it! redux, and AMD woes

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Mon Nov 12 12:11:20 EST 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:27:17PM -0800, Akkana wrote:
[...]
> I just noticed my disk light is always-on, so I guess I still have
> some debugging to do.

If you are talking about your floppy drive here, check that the cable is
in the right way up. I have come across a number of floppy drives that
either let you or even encourage you to the put the cable in upside
down (they have a notch cut out that matches the bump on the connector,
but it's on the wrong side)! I've only seen this on floppy drives, but
I've seen it a couple of times for them, so I gather it's not an
uncommon design error.

Putting things in the wrong way up will usually result in the activity
light being on all the time.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
The cost of feathers has risen; even down is up!