[Techtalk] problems when starting kde

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Mon Nov 5 20:50:42 EST 2001

As far as I know, /dev/input/mice is a USB mouse. Did you tell the X
configuration that you were going to possibly use a USB mouse?

If you are using a USB mouse including all of the necessary modules, you
can make the /dev/input/mice device by hand (it will not do it for you
unless you have usbdevfs in your kernel).

mkdir /dev/input
mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63

If you are not using a USB mouse, go into your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (if
you are using X4, which I presume you are if you're using woody) and
change the mouse your server is using by default.

-nicole

At 20:53 on Nov 5, Rachel Andrew combined all the right letters to say: