[Techtalk] CMPCI - C Media PCI Card - More Sound Questions (fwd)

Jennifer Davis jsd at jenn.ca
Thu Nov 1 18:33:30 EST 2001

<< I also posted this to alt.os.slackware.  This one has me scratching my
head. >>

Hi List.

In my two years using Linux, mostly on Slackware, I have found that sound
is one of those recurring issues.  This post is no different, though I
have looked at the archives, thinking this might be a common problem.  It
didn't seem to be.  So here goes my problem:

I recently upgraded my OS to Slackware 8.0.  I gave away my CS4232 card to
a friend and I replaced it with this PCI card, that the salesguy insisted
worked fine with Linux.  I have no reason to doubt them as their help in
the past has been good.  I have aslo upgraded the kernel to 2.4.13.  From
what I can tell, the module for the card is in there.  I checked the
menuconfig thingee and it seems to be listed as a module.   When I put the
module name in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules and boot, the card appeared to be
recognised, but alas there is no sound.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jenn
jsd(aht)jenn.ca