[techtalk] Opinion needed on Mail Clients

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Thu May 31 15:45:27 EST 2001

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:23:43PM -0700, Michelle Dukich wrote:
> Hi to all the HIPpy HIPpy Chix:
>
> I am on the quest for a mail client that is not going
> to make me work so hard to make it work.  I am
> currently looking at, but not even close to making a
> decision.  In my search, I have 3 that I am curious
> about.
>
> Balsa
>
> Eucalyptus
>
> Pygmy
>
> I would prefer a GNOME solution.  It will need to get
> mail from several POP accounts with a good system for
> folders and searching.

You should look at Evolution if you want a Gnome solution. It's pretty
slick.

I use mutt myself, and procmail for mail sorting, and fetchmail to
retrieve my mail. The old fashioned sendmail + procmail + fetchmail +
$MUA does take some work to learn, initially, but man is it powerful
once you grok it.

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow.