[techtalk] pentasafe?

stephanie1200 at netscape.net stephanie1200 at netscape.net
Tue May 29 11:58:13 EST 2001

anybody ever heard of this company?  They do a client-server, multi-platform enterprise security solution (bullshit meter going through the roof here) and we are eval'ing them for use here.  so far, all i can find on the web about them is their own press releases.  I cannot find any advantage that they have over open source tools already in use, except that auditing is displayable in a warm and fuzzy manner from one location.  Agents sit on each server to be audited, however, for $1500/pop (for unices...windoze are cheaper) and I wonder what kind of transport they use to communicate and if it runs as a daemon or what, etc etc etc.

anyway, just started looking at this and I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience.