[techtalk] SSL certificates

Michelle Murrain mpm at norwottuck.com
Fri May 25 11:20:51 EST 2001

Hi folks,

Is there anywhere an "SSL certificates for dummies?" I've been looking around
for good docs, and the SSL stuff pretty well confuses me, and none of the
docs that I've found help.

I did finally get apache-ssl to work fine, but for some reason that is not
apparent to me, Internet explorer (not netscape, not opera) says that the
"identity certificate is invalid". No other information is forthcoming. I
went through the process of creating a client certificate, but clearly it
didn't work right. What am I missing here?

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
mpm at norwottuck.com