[techtalk] window manager preference?

psyche psyche at gci.net
Thu May 17 20:28:47 EST 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, coldfire wrote:

> i was just curious what the window manager of choice is on this list :) ..
> i'm a die hard windowmaker fan ... but i just installed enlightenment and
> it's not that bad .. a bit resource intensive though .. same for GNOME
> from my experiences.  i think blackbox is next on my list.  haven't used
> that for a while now ..
>
> abe

Bash. :)  Seriously, I usually work in console mode most of the time, and
prefer it to X or other GUI's.  When I'm in X, I usually use Gnome for a
desktop manager, and the default Sawfish window manager, though I'm not
quite happy with Sawfish.  I used to use icewm when I had a 486 because of
the low memory requirements.  I've tried out tons of different window
managers, but only for brief periods of time.  I've usually either used
fvwm or icewm most of the time.  Mostly, of course, I'm in console, using
bash....

psyche