[techtalk] desktops and window managers?

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu May 17 10:48:57 EST 2001

To add to that (this is a bit of a stretch, I know), can anyone recommend a
good resource for xwindows?? (other than the howto).  I've never gotten much
into the guts of it; always using Xconfigurator.  I think someone in this
thread mentioned an "if it ain't broke, don't fuzz with it" philosophy.
That's always been my approach to X.

However, I'm now working in an environment where we have lots of client
machines running it, and I have had issues.  I also can't seem to get X
running at all on my laptop to an external CRT when it's docked, but that's
a different issue.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask!

Thanks,
Brian