[techtalk] Java

Julie Meloni julie at thickbook.com
Thu May 17 10:34:14 EST 2001

> On Thu, 17 May 2001, Scott wrote:
>
> |Now, my question would be, I know I can run select statements on the data,
> |the problem
> |is the sql guys here write a ton of stored procedures and I need to call
> |them instead to
> |get my info.  The asp code is very ugly.  Has anyone run into this with
> |PHP?  I can send
> |asp examples if that helps.

to execute a stored procedure, the SQL statement would be something like
"execute procedure blah blah".  stick that in your mssql_query()
function.  You don't need to know what the stored procedure looks like
on the inside, just how to use it and what to expect back.  execute it,
then use mssql_result() or mssql_fetch_*() accordingly to do fun things
with what you get back.  Or, if you don't get anything back, then you're
fine - just execute it.
| Julie Meloni (julie at thickbook.com)     |
| "PHP Essentials" and "PHP Fast & Easy" |
|       http://www.thickbook.com         |