[techtalk] window manager preference?

Esther Fallen.Angel at hemel.org
Thu May 17 17:56:37 EST 2001

> > i was just curious what the window manager of choice is on this list :) ..

I come from a unix background, which made me so familiar with fvwm(2) and the
solaris-desktop that it took me a while to get used to anything else.
Gnome seemed to be a bit too heavy for my first system, so I started using
KDE. I hardly ever work with menus and buttons (apart from a selfmade menu
with which I can access the different machines).
I guess to me the windowmanager isn't really that important, as long as it
has some basics, like setting the focus and adjusting the colors (but I
guess they all can do that ;-)

        Es