[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #450 - 14 msgs

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sun May 13 09:50:25 EST 2001

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:15:38AM +1000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:

[snippage]

> D) I posted to the linux documentation project's feedback page,
> stating that there was a referencing/indexing problem with single
> user mode - that a newbie (you) had had problems finding the
> information about it even after having been told it existed.
> Just to try to prevent it from happening in the future.

Yes, I saw your post, and thank you very much for taking the time.

FWIW, we have a wide selection of documents at the LDP which address
security from various angles, and several of them discuss physical
security as well as runlevels and runlevel security issues. Among the
best are:

Securing and Optimizing Linux Red Hat Edition - a Hands on Guide
Linux Administrator's Security Guide

Both of these guides discuss the topic in question thoroughly.

> BTW: you'd be less likely to sound like a possible troll if you
> managed to be less aggressive and accusatory. It's the accusatory
> tone of your posts which (probably) led Jeff to think you might
> be trolling us.

Well said.

I, for one, am convinced this person is trolling. Buh bye.

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.
		-- Dijkstra