[techtalk] About prettyphysicslady on the linuxchix techtalk list...

Marisa Mack marisa at europa.com
Sat May 12 21:31:05 EST 2001

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 09:23:07PM -0400, coinneach graced me with:

> All right that's enough!  You are way out of line.

I beg to differ. You are running Windows, using Outlook Express, I'm
not certain that you're any sort of authority on Linux operating
standards. Linda currently has her box configured in the following
manner:

Port       State       Service
21/tcp     open        ftp
22/tcp     open        ssh
23/tcp     open        telnet
25/tcp     open        smtp
80/tcp     open        http
110/tcp    open        pop-3
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
443/tcp    open        https
513/tcp    open        login
514/tcp    open        shell
635/tcp    open        unknown
1503/tcp   open        imtc-mcs
2040/tcp   open        lam
2049/tcp   open        nfs
3306/tcp   open        mysql
3333/tcp   open        dec-notes
5050/tcp   open        mmcc
9090/tcp   open        zeus-admin

I think she has far greater things to worry about than Linux single-
user mode. When posting to a list requesting help or suggestion, it's
expected that one will at least make an attempt to understand what is
being offered or suggested by said list-members. (Read: When acting
like a troll, expect to be treated as such).

Marisa

--
Let reality be the grinding stone upon which you sharpen your hatred.