[techtalk] grip stalling with gtcd

buddy guy figureingoutlinux at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 08:28:57 EST 2001

Hoping someone out there might have some advice

I am using grip with cdparanoia as my ripper and lame
as my encoder.

Periodically  I will get this error (pop up window
produced by grip) while ripping a cd

___________
warning
gtcd--sm-client-id 11189(long string of
integers)......

No response to the SaveYourself command.
The program may be slow, stopped or broken.
You may wait for it to respond or remove it.
_______________

this usually happens at the end of ripping a cd,
though sometimes in the middle

from then on the ripping will slow down to a snail's
pace (x0.1 speed or slower) and I become unable to rip
cd's.

The only way I have found to correct this is to
reinstall grip and gtcd (though I am sure there is a
simpler way), thought the problem inevitable comes
back with time.

Has anyone encountered this warning before??
can anyone help me interpret it???

I am running
grip-2.95-1
cdparanoia-alpha9.7-5