[techtalk] FTP server

Keith Barringer zx2dragon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 07:39:16 EST 2001

I've been assigned the task of setting up an FTP
server at work.  I am very new to Linux and have
currently loaded Mandrake 7.2 because I am familiar
with it.

I d/l OFTPD, but it appears to only be a server to do
downloads from and I need something that can act as a
file transfer point for users out in the field.

I was thinking of using wu, but with all of the
vulnerabilities that were just released, I'm not that
sure about using it.

I am also using Bastille to secure the box and will
unload all packages not in use on the box.

Any suggestions FTP programs and/or any tricks and
hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.