[techtalk] Easy question, but necessary one(:

paul.hardacre at btinternet.com paul.hardacre at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 26 14:45:52 EST 2001

>How do you create a boot disk? I tried to install
Mandrake on my 2nd hd last
>night and messed up the boot blocks(: My friend
showed me how to get my comp
>up and running again from the windows 98 cd... but I'd
feel better having a
>boot disk around anyways, just in case...

Do you mean a Windows 98 boot disk? Or a Mandrake
boot disk? Windows 98 is easy just goto Add/Remove
Programs under the Control Panel and click on
the "Startup Disk" tab. There should be one
option "Create Disk". Under Mandrake I don't know yet
cos I only installed 7.2 yesterday myself. Although there
is an option in the installation procedure which I decided
to skip cos I couldn't be bothered to root out a
floppy.. :)

Hope that helps,

Paul