[techtalk] Running Linux from a zip disk.

Ms. Piglet piglet at rootsweb.com
Thu Mar 22 17:45:22 EST 2001

This has bugged me since you first posted, because I knew I'd just read
something about this.....

>From the book LINUX FOR YOUR LAPTOP by Bill Ball--

Slackware has a version that's meant to be run from a zip disk.<g>  Minimal
installation on your machine, and boots from the zip:

http://www.slackware.com/zipslack/

Procedure as presented by Ball:

Download zipslack.zip, bootdisk.img, rawrite.exe
Decompress onto the zip disk
Use rawrite.exe to create boot disk (optional)
Run loadlin.exe to boot Linux from the zip disk

Megan "Piglet" Zurawicz, ListPig
piglet at rootsweb.com
listmaster at rootsweb.com