[techtalk] netware vs. linux..?

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 20:05:21 EST 2001

Netware is an extremely stable and capable OS.  I would bet that your friend
is using Netware 4.x, which is known as a dog.  I have used Netware products
from 2.18 up to 6 (still in early beta) and they are very stable and
extremely fast.  Netware 6, upon its release will add some functionality
that has been missing, as well as
some manageability issue.  Plus, Zenworks is an extremely nice remote
management suite that ships with the OS.

If I were given the choice, Novell over Windows, I would have to say Novell.
  But Novell over Linux would definitely be a toss up, and many factors
would have to come into play.  Includingthe fact that some manufacturers are
dumbing down drivers for higher end products for Linux because of the fear
of corporate espionage and the nature of the open source system.

Hope this helps.

JB