[techtalk] Dual boot machine

Vinnie surmonde at freeshell.org
Tue Mar 20 22:43:57 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, David Merrill wrote:

> <flame scale="mini">
> Don't whine, help.
> </flame>

I don't think I archived the ones I really liked...

The problem with the ones I saw were mostly that if you're a rank newbie
there's probably not enough info (and unfortunetly I'm at the point where
I don't know if I could write something at rank newbie level anymore --
I'm getting way too inclined to miss things out of habit..I need a rank
newbie who doesn't mind being a gerbil, I guess) unless you're doing
*exactly* what the person writing the howto was doing. I dunno. Unless you
really want a quint boot (linux-win95-win98-win2000-freebsd, no joke)
howto, I'm probably not the person to ask...though my next goal is to come
up with a multi-linux-distro-boot (vector-bastille-whatever...I need a
life!)

> I think you need the Loadlin+Win95/98/ME mini-HOWTO, which is at
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Loadlin+Win95-98-ME.html also.

ick. loadlin :) (yeah, that's just personal prejudice, I know..but I don't
like loadlin at all, I havne't met anything I can't do with lilo, yet)

V.