[techtalk] Dual boot machine

Vinnie surmonde at freeshell.org
Fri Mar 9 21:44:28 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, A Kozic wrote:

> Although I managed (with plenty help) to get linux onto my
> previously-windows-only laptop, I am now stumped.

which windows?

the LDP used to have a number (greater than five, even) of howtos dealing
with multi-booting..now there seems to be a much smaller number, and I
don't like them as much..hmmph.

whine whine...

try

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Multiboot-with-LILO.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95/index.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+DOS+Win95+OS2.html

between the three I think all the info you'd need(assuming windows 95/98,
and only one hard drive, and lilo) is there...

V. (who once proved you could get five oses on a drive at one time..though
why you'd want to [other than sheer masochism] may still be unanswered)