[techtalk] Cannot create tcp_syncookies

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 22:34:37 EST 2001

Hi,

I am trying to create certain filters using IPCHAINS. At the end of creating
these filters, I am executing,

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies

for which I am getting the following error message.

 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies: No such file or directory

I tried to create the file using touch and yet the filter script is not able
to create this file. The following command,

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

works fine.

Any idea why this is happening? Any pointers or info appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com