[techtalk] RE: Help with hardware woes?

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at imagedog.com
Fri Mar 9 11:07:09 EST 2001

Just to contribute to all the horror stories...

Everyone remember how SIMMs had to be put in the motherboard in pairs?  Ever
wonder, just for the heck of it, what would happen if you didn't?  So did I.

Curiosity mercifully spared my cat, but that was pretty much all that was
spared. It was a biblical flood for my little pentium-90, with no ark to be
found.  Ah well, it was disposable at that point anyway.

Moral: When the computer industry tells you something, and the techs on the
internet agree, believe them ;-}

-Brian
Brian J. Sweeney
"I want to know God's thoughts ... the rest are details." -Albert Einstein
Systems Admin, imagedog
bsweeney at imagedog.com