[techtalk] Error installing Red Hat Linux 7.0

Shannon Botz shabot at kwu.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:51:59 EST 2001

I am having problems installing Red Hat Linux on a computer.  I am using a
P3 550mhz with 64meg of RAM.  After booting with the floppy and entering any
install type (text, expert) I get the following error before the GUI
install.   crc errorVFS: Cannot open root device 08:41
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 08:41.
   No matter what HD or Bios set-up I attempt to use, I get this error.
Every once in a while I get into the install GUI but it locks up after the
partition prompt.  Any ideas on how to fix this?