[techtalk] dead mouse

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Jun 23 12:13:34 EST 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:52:59AM +0100, James A. Sutherland wrote:
> I'd agree the problem is the PC side of things, but I doubt it's
> hardware. More likely to be a driver problem: you get very similar
> results if you have the wrong mouse type configured, since the driver
> then interprets the coordinates the mouse sends wrongly...

Well, I got it working, but I still don't know what went wrong. I
`fixed' it by running mouseconfig (it's a RH system) and telling it I
had a serial mouse, then running mouseconfig again and telling it to
use a Generic 3-button PS/2. So something in my config must have
gotten clobbered, although I have no idea what, or how. I haven't
installed anything recently or munged any config files.

Thanks,

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

System going down at 1:45 this afternoon for disk crashing.