[techtalk] weird happenings with SUSE7.1 upgrade

WolfRyder wolfryder at qwest.net
Sat Jun 23 07:39:09 EST 2001

Hey all,
For a little background, I have one box with 2 hard drives. One drive is my
NT box and the other is my SuSE box. Last Sunday I upgraded my SuSE 7 to
7.1 and all the sudden, the 2nd partition of my NT drive is hidden! At
first I thought I had lost everything and would have to reinstall, but it
was still there, just hidden. As long as I "un-hide" the 2nd partition (and
don't reboot!) I'm okay.

My husband (the Linux guru) looked at the setup, bios and LILO, even
disabled the LILO, but alas, my partition plays hide and seek whenever I
reboot into NT and I have to reinitialize the shortcuts on my desktop top
things on the partition.

Has anyone experienced this before? It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

Oh, BTW, SuSE 7 didn't cause a problem at all.

Carol