[techtalk] simple question on technical training

wildgrass wildgrass at postone.com
Mon Jun 18 11:56:39 EST 2001

I have a simple question on technical training. How much is your company's
technical training budget for each person per year?

Mine is US$1500 per person, per year. Most courses cost more than that.
Which means I rely a lot on self-teaching.

I've been told that my administrative folks are not keen to send people to
courses, especially
those that  include an exam at the end of it (like RHCE 300) because then
people get certified
and run off to work for another company.
My point is what is to stop me from paying for it myself and then probably
running
off faster because the company doesn't think I'm worth its training dollars?