[techtalk] Opinion needed on Mail Clients

marisa mack marisa at europa.com
Thu Jun 7 17:12:47 EST 2001

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:21:35AM +1200, penguina sed:
> I'm a bit concerned about running fetchmail over an outside network,
> though -- it doesn't encrypt, does it?  Is there a way to set up
> fetchmail (or other mail clients that have that functionality built
> in) so that it *does* encrypt both the password and the data stream?

I'm currently using fetchmail-ssl to suck mail via SPOP. It was
simple to get running, the install docs that came with the package
were sufficient to get it going in about 10 minutes. You can find
it anywhere by just throwing fetchmail-ssl into Google. I'm not
sure that's this is the best or most secure method, but it only
takes a few minutes so it might be worth a shot.

Marisa

--
Let reality be the grinding stone upon which you sharpen your hatred.