[techtalk] Rotating apache logs

Seageraves Caren cgreat2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 09:31:01 EST 2001

David,

Sorry to be reqponding so late here, but even late, I
feel I need to suggest using cronolog to rotate you
apache logs rather than cron + logrotate.
(http://www.ford-mason.co.uk/resources/cronolog/)

Cronolog has worked really well for us.  When we used
log rotate we had problems if our servers eperienced
significant load when the logs were rotated.

Caren