[techtalk] Uninstalling Nautilus

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Fri Jun 1 09:49:20 EST 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 05:47:59AM -0700, Michelle Dukich wrote:
> Hello fellow Chix:
>
> I am trying to uninstall Nautilus and my google
> searches to find help all point to Eazel, which is
> dead since they went under.  Does anyone have the
> instructions they can send out?

What distro are you running? Red Hat? Debian? ________?

I'm going to assume, for the moment, that it's Red Hat, because if you
were running Debian you'd probably know this...

rpm -e nautilus

is the command line to uninstall the base package. When you run
that, though, you're likely to get error messages because other
packages depend on nautilus (nautilus-suggested, for example). Making
sure you're not using any of these packages (and you probably won't
be), just rpm -e each of them, then rpm -e nautilus, and that's that.

hth,

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
		-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum