[techtalk] Kernel lockup

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon Jul 30 22:40:06 EST 2001

Hi, I have a bit of a problem it seems. I installed the 2.4.7 kernel
today, went out for a bit, and came home to a wedged machine.

It's a new machine -- about two weeks old. I was just starting to
enjoy my new, nicely tuned Debian, but alas, it was not to last.
The system looked fine when I first came home. I liked the groove xmms
was putting out, so I went to rewind the song. I held down the left
key, and bang! Tunes stop. All stop. ]-:

That's my new grumpy emoticon, (c) 2001. But it's encrypted, and if
you decrypt it I'll sue you under the DMCA, take your money (hey! it's
valuable ip!) and have you thrown in jail by the FBI.

What can I do to get a core dump, etc., and investigate? If I've
tripped up an obscure bug...

Thank you,

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

             Free Dmitri ->  http://www.boycottadobe.com
      Washington, DC Protest http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca/

There won't be anything we won't say to people to try and convince them that
our way is the way to go.
	--Bill Gates