[techtalk] A Lurker comes out of hiding

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 21:34:44 EST 2001

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 12:40 am, Caitlyn M. Martin wrote:
> markthegeek at canada.com wrote:
..
> > I am a staunch advocate of Python, and tend to get in bitter
> > arguments with Perl zealots. :)

> One comment:  bitter arguments generally do a lousy job in advancing your
> cause.  Zealotry (blind religious adherence) generally doesn't help folks
> either.  To me, shouting matches are just no fun.

That was a gooood coment!

I would like to add another advise that fits neatly into thoughts of
'avoid shouting' and 'have more fun':

    Read the "Just for fun" book of Linus!

I did *not* regret reading it!    Not at all.   :-)

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer    Senior Software Engineer    Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>                <mailto:khz at kde.org>