[techtalk] file sharing?

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Jul 26 12:50:26 EST 2001

If theyre sharing one connection without a router or hub..... theres
obviously some form of network connection between the two, right?

Your Linux machine has an IP address, and so does your windows machine?

So if you were using Dos FTP  youd open a dos prompt and type 'ftp <ip of
linux machine>'

Done?

It depends on you having ftpd running on the linux box, of course, and
having specified your windows machine's IP in /etc/hosts.allow.

Mark.