[techtalk] partitioning security (was lilo)

Jenny Brown (was Gable) jenny at bigbrother.net
Wed Jul 25 19:22:02 EST 2001

I can't give a real 'official' definition, but a hard link
makes a copy of the file, where as a soft link (using -s) just
points to the original.  Hard links result in an actual increase
in disk space used.  I don't have much experience with them except
by accidentally forgetting the -s option to ln, though; so I can't
help much on their exact security effects.