[techtalk] Mutt functionality

Claudine claudine at replicant.apana.org.au
Sun Jul 8 15:49:54 EST 2001

On Thursday, 05 July 2001, David Merrill wrote to techtalk,

> > > 3.  Can we cut and paste text within and between
> > > emails with Mutt?
>
> You use your regular text editor, so you can do anything you would do
> within it. Cutting & pasting between two emails is not made really
> easy by mutt, but it can be done. I `s'ave the first message, so it's

If you want to include text from more than one message in a reply,
't'ag each message, then ; (semi-colon to apply the next command to
tagged messages), 'r'eply to tagged messages, 'y'es to include quoted
text.  All the quoted text from all the original messages will appear
in the editor, correctly attributed (unless you have configured mutt
to never include quoted text, which might be a bit harsh, but that's
not the default setting anyway).  All the original authors will be
included in the recipients, so you may need to edit those.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: MUTT ROCKS!!

The mutt-users mailing lists seems to be back in action (check the
www.mutt.org page for subscription instructions and archives),
and a different bunch of people inhabit the comp.mail.mutt newsgroup,
so have a look at that too.  (Side note: GOOGLE ROCKS!!)

Claudine

--
Claudine, geek historian! - Melbourne, AU - http://coriander.cjb.net/
Australians: Please consider preserving your Census data for posterity.