[techtalk] How to point whatever.domain.com to ip?

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Mon Jan 29 00:30:01 EST 2001

I've got a question since we are kind of on the dns subject.  I read
sometime back that if you have a domain name lets say "domain.com" that
you can add as many names as you want to that domain by preceding it
with "whatever."  Like 'fast.domain.com' for example or
'slow.domain.com'  My question are, is this true?  I'm assuming a dns
entry has to be set up for each of these names?  I purchased from
domaindiscover.com and don't see any mention of this at their site.
Thanks,
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson