[techtalk] strange SSL issue

marisa mack marisa at europa.com
Fri Jan 26 12:10:24 EST 2001

while i've never seen the missing image issue, the ssl problems are an ie
thing. as far as i remember, ie was not correctly determining whether the
site was requesting ssl 2.0 or 3.0, and thus would not work. i have heard
that in some cases this can be fixed by manually specifying the ssl version
in the "internet options" -> "advanced" -> "security" section of ie, but
in our case we had to require that users upgrade their browser.

i know this answer isn't very helpful, but hopefully it's a start. :)

marisa

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 09:03:25AM -0500, amy sed:

--

"Physics is not a religion. If it were,
we'd have a much easier time raising money."