[techtalk] Exim problem

Kath ranger at optonline.net
Sun Jan 14 16:58:22 EST 2001

I have a Debian 2.2 system that acts as a ipmasq server and a web/mail server.  I just reinstalled Debian, and now I can receive email sent from my ISP's account to kath at kathweb.net but I cannot send email from kath at kathweb.net to anywhere else.

I specifically get this error from Outlook:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'ranger at optonline.net'. Subject 'More testing', Account: 'www.kathweb.net', Server: 'www.kathweb.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <ranger at optonline.net> prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any ideas?  I don't even know where to begin looking in the logs.

- Kath