[techtalk] Parition help

spud at farawaytree.org spud at farawaytree.org
Fri Jan 12 13:04:48 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Lisa Mendonsa wrote:
<snip>
> But at this point it told me that it could not delete the DOS extended
> partition when logical partitions exist. So I tried deleting the "logical
>  partitions" ,but lo and behold , it tells me there are no logical
> partitions defined. This has soemthing to do with the ext2 partition
> created for Linux.
<snip>

I had the same problem once, but I just kept going back and forth (delete
dos partition, delete logical partition, delete dos partition, etc...) for
a little while, and then all of a sudden it worked. Hmm. Call it a
feature, I guess...

I still keep a fairly small windows partition. Just enough to play Diablo
II. :)

-Sharon
spud at farawaytree.org
http://www.farawaytree.org/