[techtalk] Parition help

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Thu Jan 11 23:39:41 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:26:09PM -0500, Kath wrote:
> Ok, my friend installed Red Hat 6.2 and has decided she hates linux.  Oh well.  Lets not lecture her on Linux vs. Windows.
>
> What is the easiest way for her to delete her linux partition and create a FAT32 one so she can reinstall Windows?  cfdisk?  fdisk?

	She will have to use the Windows version of fdisk to create the
	new Windows partition.  I may be wrong but she will probably
	have to use linux cfdisk or fdisk to delete the current
	partition(s).  The reason I say that is I remember the Windows
	fdisk not recognizing a file system once.  I just can't remember
	if it was linux or one of the BSDs:)

	At any rate since linux is currently installed it won't take
	much to just delete the partition(s) and then boot with a
	Windows start disk or a proprietary installation disk and create
	a new Windows partition.
	hth,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."