[techtalk] A+ Certification

Ian Hall-Beyer ihblists at nerdherd.net
Fri Feb 2 09:51:04 EST 2001

On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:23:20 -0600, Mary P. Wood wrote:

>wrong, but I've heard that it's supposed to say to the world,
>"Hey, I can fix PCs!" while many of the questions deal with

But do you *want* the world to know that?

As a friend of mine put it:

"I got my first 'hi, I'm so-and-so, X's friend.  I've got this computer
problem..
and he said you could help me.  See, my AOL stopped working...'
which means I either have to move away, or get my phone number changed
again"

>obscure trivia that rarely helps in the real world (hence,
>the need for the latest book/software).

Last time I looked at A+, it was very hardware and DOS-heavy.
--

"The French language, which the French used to learn very well, did not exist for the sake of conveying information, for communicating men's common needs; it was indistinguishable from historical consciousness. Frenchness is defined by participation in this language, its literature and the entire range of effects it produces."

                                -- Allan Bloom
                                   The Closing of The American Mind