[Techtalk] eth0 appears to be configured correctly but can't ping across network

Rachel Andrew lists at rachelandrew.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 20:40:28 EST 2001

>definitely .. i was assuming the cable had been tested :) ...

yup I'd plugged other stuff into the cable to test it...

anyhow, after posting to the debian list also about this, and no-one being
able to place why it was not working I found a cheap SMC card, which worked
first time and I'm now happily downloading KDE...

Thanks for all the suggestions, the configuration (apart from the module)
looks exactly the same this time and it works, so I've no idea what was up
with it, I'm just glad I have got past that!

Rachel