[Techtalk] Securing Bugzilla (possibly OT)

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:20:39 EST 2001

If you use Bug Groups, you can make it so that people *have* to be logged
into view bugs -- and even then, people who are logged in can only see
bugs that are in their group. This pissed off my engineers (we use
Bugzilla internally) so it should be good for your purpose ;o) A group is
then associated with every product in the system.

It's under the 'parameters' configuration. When someone files a new bug,
they will be able to choose whether only people in that group can see the
bug or if it is a 'public' bug. You could always take away that option and
force it to not be public.

I have hammered on Bugzilla a lot, so if you have any questions, I will
try to help ;o)

-nicole

At 11:53 on Dec 19, mia at miaridge.com combined all the right letters to say: