[Techtalk] Book recommendations for extremely novice user?

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Mon Aug 13 17:19:11 EST 2001

       I have "Teach Yourself Unix in a Week" from Sams.  I like it and
used
it quite a bit.  It was my first introduction to Unix, several years ago
(mainly because my ISP and web server provider used Unix and I needed to
be able to speak the language of chmod, ls, etc. to talk to the tech
support people).  It has served me well.

No KDE/Gnome though.  Too early for that....

Robert