[Techtalk] Re: [issues] help

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Aug 2 23:53:28 EST 2001

sreeram wrote:

> ya i can use sleep in fact i tried with usleep but it is not working the
> required way that is plenty of silence is been substituted which i dont want

It sounds like what you actually have is a sound sample which is
either too short, or being played too quickly.

If it's too short, consider looping it. Or, of course, getting
a longer sample.

If it's being played too quickly (the other symptom would be
a higher pitch), the fix depends on the algorithm you're using
to play it and the format it's in. Since I don't know sound playing
algorithms, I'd say check the documentation for the agorithm or
the function, see where it says how to set the playback speed.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/