[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #424 - 10 msgs

Linda MacPhee-Cobb prettyphysicslady at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:09:54 EST 2001

My laptop sleeps itself too which is more than a bit frustrating.  I have
'compaq presario'.

I turned off all the bios power savers as well as the two linux power saver
demons and put on a screen saver and no more sleep problems.  For about 6
months.

Then, out of the blue, it started sleeping itself again last week.  Go
figure.  I have not installed anything new.  (I've been too busy learning
php to break anything ;-) )

I have noticed that putting on screen savers seems to help, but only some of
the screen savers.  Try messing around with the time and choice of screen
saver.  It may be that a screen saver overrides sleep, or some screen savers
try to do weird power managemnt?

If anyone figures it out let me know.  It is very frustrating.