[techtalk] light laptops for linux?

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Wed Apr 25 18:42:36 EST 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:21:08PM +0100 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Telsa Gwynne thought:
>     o It turns out that adding extra RAM is very easy indeed on
> my Vaio, (and I'd already denied myself support by installing
> the warranty so invalidating the guarantee by letting the dear
> one open it up wasn't a major concern :))

I was investigating laptops recently and asked the sales guy (naturally!)
about getting a pcmcia NIC (It already had an inbuilt (win?)modem).  He
told me "That would invalidate the warranty".  So, I can have pcmcia
slot(s) in my laptop so long as I don't use them!?

Conor (wondering would they let me carry a 15" monitor and PC into the
cabin of the airplane..)

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
  6:41pm  up 10 days,  4:55,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.06
Hobbiton.cod.ie
  6:39pm  up 57 days,  4:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.10, 0.06