[techtalk] light laptops for linux?

coldfire coldfire at rolick571.student.duq.edu
Wed Apr 25 10:47:35 EST 2001

i have a dell inspiron 5000e, and if it's anything like the 2100 as far as
hardware architecture, i don't believe you should have a problem.  the ess
maestro sound card is directly supported by the kernel, the 8mb ati rage
mobility is supported in XFree86, oms/omi worked fine with the dvd player
... ahh, only drawback.  the 56k winmodem.  but other than the modem, i'm
very satisfied with it as far as support under linux.  but definitely
don't get the 5000 for a bike trip :)  a bit heavy.

abe