[techtalk] modprobe

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Wed Apr 18 10:42:54 EST 2001

I have compiled a kernel 2.2.19 with USB components as modules. This is to
access SanDisk's Compact Flash reader. When I run "make modules_install", the
modules are installed in /lib/modules/2.2.19/ directory. At startup time,
the rc.modules has the following entries,

	/sbin/modprobe usbcore
	/sbin/modprobe usb_uhci
	/sbin/modprobe usb_storage

After I login and do an "lsmod", only usbcore is listed. At the end of execution
of rc.modules, the message is something to the effect,

"Cannot find usb_uhci module"
"Cannot find usb_storage module"

The modules are in the usb directory. I can manually load them using "insmod".

If anyone has a clue why this is happening, please let me know how to
troubleshoot and fix this problem. The other modules in rc.modules are being
loaded fine without a problem.

Thank you in advance.
--

Subba Rao