[techtalk] Issues after upgrading to RH 6.2

Samuel Lavenz johngalt at io.com
Thu Sep 28 15:11:43 EST 2000

I can't help you with the first problem...however...

With RedHat...when X starts it looks in /etc/sysconfig/ for the desktop you want
If you plop "KDE" in that file, it should boot to KDE...

On my 6.0 box at home I hacked it so that it looked in ~/.sysconfig/ instead...I'm trying to remember how I did that.

Hope that helps!

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Ryan Thibodeau wrote:

> 2.   The upgrade decided on its own to install Gnome and make it the default
> desktop. I had been using KDE and a I prefer it, and I'd like to set it as
> the default desktop. 'usekde' used to do it, but that apparently isn't in
> the newest version of KDE. Anyone know how to make KDE the default desktop?
	               Sam Lavenz -- KC0BUH
		          johngalt at io.com

     "I recognize no obligations toward men except one: to respect their
              freedom and to take no part in a slave society"
                   -- Ayn Rand -- _The Fountainhead_ --